[paho-dev] Interop test questions

Hi,

I started playing with mqtt interop test suite. I ran into some problems in how we serialize socket between steps.

On my system (OSX), the socket object serialized to log file looks like

<socket.socket fd=8, family=AddressFamily.AF_INET, type=SocketType.SOCK_STREAM, proto=0, laddr=('127.0.0.1', 51240), raddr=('127.0.0.1', 1883)>

There are two problems with it:

1. it can’t be easily “matched” against results as laddr property is different on every new socket.
2. to must be put in quotes to be able to eval it

I think we need to find a better way to pass the socket object between the steps and verify it’s in proper state. I’m not sure of the proper solution yet, so just wanted to share it to start a discussion around it.

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac