It's just one of those instances of our community having come such a long way since we started, many implementations and solid options now.

If you've not seen it yet, go read Benjamin's post on how Eclipse IoT has grown http://blog.benjamin-cabe.com/2014/11/12/eclipse-iot-by-the-numbers - I realise this discussion has encompassed not just Eclipse, but a range of MQTT broker options... this is one of the things that gives me so much joy in having been a part of this enthusiastic and growing community over the past 5 or 6 years.

Great work, everyone!

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 8:18 AM, Dave Locke <locke@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
there are a couple of posts on using websockets with mosquitto here:
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/mosquitto-dev/msg00131.html
http://jpmens.net/2014/07/03/the-mosquitto-mqtt-broker-gets-websockets-support/

an alternative is to use MessageSight which can be used for dev and test for free it has websocket support:
https://developer.ibm.com/messaging/messagesight/

All the best
Dave

From:        Zi Han ZH Tang <zhtang@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        General development discussions for paho project <paho-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        14/11/2014 03:32
Subject:        Re: [paho-dev] paho _javascript_ lib

Sent by:        paho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

The server should support WebScoket API if using MQTT _javascript_ client.

Best Regard!

Amy Zi Han Tang(唐子涵)

WebSphere MQ
IBM China Software Development Lab
E-mail: zhtang@xxxxxxxxxx
Note : Zi Han ZH Tang/China/IBM,
Addr  : 3/F Ring Building, No.28, Zhongguancun Software Park, Dongbeiwang
west Road No.8, Shangdi, Haidian District, Beijing 100193, PRC

Inactive hide details for Matthias Böhmer ---11/08/2014 07:05:48 PM---There is a paho lib for _javascript_, but I am missing someMatthias Böhmer ---11/08/2014 07:05:48 PM---There is a paho lib for _javascript_, but I am missing some documentation on what I need on the server