Re: [paho-dev] NPE @ MqttAndroidClient.subscribe ()

Thanks Bin.I tried subscribing on the onSuccess method of the listener, it worked. Although wait for completion gave server time out error.

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 8:15 AM, Bin BJ Zhang <zhbinbj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Because connect is asynchronous, and the connection may not established the time you call subscribe.
you should either waitForCompletion  or  call subscribe in IMqttActionListener.onSuccess,  if you are using IMqttToken connect(MqttConnectOptions options, Object userContext, IMqttActionListener callback)

And i think we need some improvements in this case to throw a reasonable exception instead of NPE .

Best Regards,
Bin Zhang(张斌)
WebSphere MQ, IBM China Software Development Lab
Notes:   Bin BJ Zhang/China/IBM
E-Mail:  zhbinbj@xxxxxxxxxx
Address: Ring Building 3F, ZhongGuanCun Software Park,

DongBeiWang West Road No.8, Haidian District, Beijing, 100193, China

Inactive hide details for ravi lakhotia ---11/09/2014 06:39:31 AM---Hi , I am using Paho Android Service jar. In my Main Activiravi lakhotia ---11/09/2014 06:39:31 AM---Hi , I am using Paho Android Service jar. In my Main Activity on onClick event