Re: [paho-dev] iOS/OSX build/link flags

Hi Marcos,

thanks :-)

The normal way of ignoring SIGPIPE, in Socket.c, is:

signal(SIGPIPE, SIG_IGN);

I don't remember the details exactly, but it seems this might not work on iOS.  An additional attempt is made by using the flag NOSIGPIPE, which calls:

setsockopt(*sock, SOL_SOCKET, SO_NOSIGPIPE, (void*)&opt, sizeof(opt))

on each socket additionally.  Of course, whether SIGPIPE is not a reliable event, so it's possible that routine tests will not encounter it.  Setting the -DNOSIGPIPE compile option should make sure that SIGPIPE is ignored - I don't see any negatives of including it.

Ian