[paho-dev] Organizing Paho Releases

Hello, anyone with suggestions or thoughts!

Paho is a bit different from your average project, being a collection of disparate components at somewhat different stages of maturity. I am trying to decide how to organize official releases of Paho. The next ones would be 1.1 and 1.2.

1) I would like to release the Android service, but preferably not at 1.0 level, but at 0.8 or 0.9, as I would like to get more feedback from real use before deciding it is 1.0 worthy. But the main Paho project has graduated, so it doesn't seem right to add it to a Paho release 1.1 for instance. The Paho permanent incubator could be the place for it, except that permanent incubators can't have releases. Another sub-project could solve the problem but would be a significant amount of work setting it up. Other components will be in the same position in the future.

2) I would like to have an official release which includes Paolo Patierno's .Net (and WinRT!) MQTT client, which is currently on version 3.6. I think having this version (3.6) in a release 1.1 of Paho, is not a problem, from previous discussions. Is there any reason to not go with Paolo's current versioning?

Thanks

--
Ian Craggs
Paho Project Lead; Committer on Mosquitto

Back to the top