Re: [paho-dev] Embedded MQTT C Client

Sure Ian,
so far MQTT transport API, ported from MQTT-SN, and fitting the current
MQTT samples is:

int transport_open(char* host, int port);
int transport_sendPacketBuffer(int sock, unsigned char* buf, int buflen);
/* block until requested data is there, or socket timeout (-1) */
int transport_getdata(unsigned char* buf, int count);
int transport_close(int sock);

[
MQTT-SN transport API (as recently uploaded) is a little bit different
because of the UDP transport nature:
int transport_open(void);
int transport_sendPacketBuffer(char* host, int port, unsigned char* buf,
int buflen);
/* may return -1 if no data or block, the packet reader is friendly to
UDP */
int transport_getdata(unsigned char* buf, int count);
int transport_close(void);
]

So, to accomodate TCPs stream nature and the fact that sometimes links
are slow and all that stuff, and bare bones embedded systems can't block
waiting for the whole data to be present, I slightly modified the
required behaviour with a newcomer in the MQTT transport API:

/* return available data, 0 if none, -1 on error */
int transport_getdatanb(unsigned char* buf, int count);