Re: [paho-dev] Java MQTT Client GUI Utility & mqtt-spy

Ian,

Do you have an update site for Paho? If you add the feature id to the Marketplace entry it will allow developers to install it directly into Eclipse.

From: paho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:paho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ian Craggs
Sent: September-10-14 10:55 AM
To: paho-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [paho-dev] Java MQTT Client GUI Utility & mqtt-spy

Andy,

I added Paho as a whole to the Eclipse Marketplace in June

http://marketplace.eclipse.org/search/site/paho

Ian

On 09/10/2014 12:21 PM, Andy Piper wrote:

OK so let's be clear on the two parts to this thread!

1. Our existing Java GUIs.

I had planned to do a screencast showing how to install the Eclipse plugin at the time of 1.0 release but didn't get it done. We need to promote it more; we might need help on getting it into the Marketplace as I don't think the committers have previously been through that process.

We also have the client tool which is standalone / non-RCP / doesn't need Eclipse. Also not well promoted / known, lots of people still use IA92 which is essentially the same thing but built on much much older client code.

2. mqtt-spy

I love it, I think it's perfectly valid to include as an alternative, and we'd welcome (I think) the contribution. Thanks Kamil! Any questions for us as a team?

Andy