[paho-dev] Using GitHub for Paho components

I had a conversation with Nick Humfrey a week or two back about the possibility of contributing his Ruby MQTT client to Paho. His code is currently hosted in github, and moving to Eclipse git, gerrit and bugzilla is something of a deterrent to him.

I notice that some Eclipse projects are entirely hosted at github. It struck me that being able to use github as the repository for Paho components that wanted to use it could encourage more contributions.

- Could we have some Paho git repos at Eclipse and some on github?
- Would a github hosted component be able to use the github issue tracker rather than bugzilla? That is, could a github hosted component of Paho work in an entirely github way?

I realize I might have to address these questions to a different mailing list :-)

--
Ian Craggs
Committer on Paho, Mosquitto

Back to the top