Re: [paho-dev] Binding MQTT to REST servers using Link: rel="mqtt"

Instead of "payload", how about "payload-contains" and these three options

payload-contains="none"
payload-contains="patch"
payload-contains="document" (keep in like with RESTful terminology that a REST resource serves a document)

I'm not sure about your last paragraph. I see the MQTT as being something entirely adjunct to the HTTP server, and the HTTP server to be assumed to always have the best/most current version of the data.

D.