Re: [paho-dev] MQTT WebSockets Sandbox Server?

Hi,

I couldn't connect to the broker using normal means either so I tried
to restart it - that failed because the port is already in use. lsof
-i TCP:1883 tells me that node (and ponte) is listening on that port
now. I killed ponte with the aim of restarting it, but now that
mosquitto is running ponte won't start.

Ian, I think the problem was the broker not websockets!

Benjamin, if the ponte install is your could you sort it out so that
there isn't a conflict?

Cheers,

Roger

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 4:24 PM, Ian Craggs
<icraggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
> still not working (for me).  What URL are we supposed to use.  Is this:
>
> ws://iot.eclipse.org:80/mqtt
>
> correct?
>
> Ian
>

> On 05/22/2014 04:01 PM, Roger Light wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ian,
>>
>> iot.eclipse.org:80 ought to work, but it's possible someone has
>> changed the config. I haven't looked for a while. :1883 should never
>> work, because it isn't websockets :)
>>
>> I've just restarted apache, let me know if that helped.
>> iot.eclipse.org/sys should show the $SYS tree for the broker over
>> websockets - it definitely used to. I can't test it because of the
>> work proxy.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Roger
>>

>> On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Ian Craggs
>> <icraggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Roger (et al),
>>>
>>> is there a MQTT over websockets sandbox server running somewhere now?
>>> I'm
>>> trying to get the JavaScript client build working - the tests are failing
>>> because they can't connect to m2m.eclipse.org:1883, which is where they
>>> were
>>> pointing.
>>>
>>> I've tried iot.eclipse.org:80, 1883 and some other ports...
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help
>>>
>>> -- Ian Craggs icraggs@xxxxxxxxxx
>>> IBM United Kingdom
>>> Committer on Paho, Mosquitto