Re: [paho-dev] Using Paho embedded-C client for Arduino

Mike,

the mbed community want to have an "official" mbed MQTT library. Various MQTT libraries have been imported or written in past, with varying levels of completeness. A port of Nick O'Leary's Arduino client is one. Now they would like something more complete, to promote.

So I've been working with Sam and Doug in particular from this team: http://mbed.org/teams/mqtt/, on a portable MQTT client library, eventually in 3 layers (http://modelbasedtesting.co.uk/?p=94). All the code I've written is under the Eclipse license, and I intend the master code to be in Paho.

I'm excited about this work because:
1. it should be ultra-portable across OSes and networking libraries, and really lightweight 2. I'm hoping it will be the last MQTT C/C++ client library I will ever have to write!
    3. It's a perfect model for an MQTT-SN client library (already started)

We're hoping that we'll be able to work with other embedded OS communities (e.g. FreeRTOS) subsequently.

Ian