[paho-dev] Websocket SSL Issue in Chrome?

I have started a discussion about my issue over at the HiveMQ Google Group which goes over my issue. To be clear, I am having a hard time pinpointing what may be the component causing my setup problems (broker, client browser, or paho _javascript_). Specifically, the problem is that I need to first visit my broker at the specific port it is running on prior to trying to open a WebSocket via the Paho _javascript_. Once I've visit https://myserver.com:8444 I am then able to establish a secure WebSocket with the Mqtt broker using the paho _javascript_ API.

System components:
* HiveMQ 1.4.4 - Configured to use Websockets over SSL
* Paho _javascript_ code
* DigiCert Signed SSL key/certificate

My problem is easily replicated in Chrome (Version 33). I have written _javascript_ which leverages the Paho _javascript_ that is running on a private server, but for testing purposes the publicly available HiveMQ Websocket client works just fine. I have added the screenshots of the steps I take.

If I start a fresh browser and point the host field to my HiveMQ broker and try to access I get the following pop-up.
Screenshot1.png Attached

To resolve I go to https://myserver.com:8444 and see the following message "not a WebSocket handshake request: missing upgrade".
Screenshot2.png Attached

Then I go back to the client and connect and have no issue.
Screenshot3.png Attached

Thank you for any help resolving this.