Re: [paho-dev] On Paho's opinionated URI validation

If we are going to improve the scheme handling for the URIs then shouldn't we conform to the RFCs for URI and URL and make the scheme case independent?

   Scheme names consist of a sequence of characters beginning with a
  letter and followed by any combination of letters, digits, plus
  ("+"), period ("."), or hyphen ("-").  Although schemes are case-
  insensitive, the canonical form is lowercase and documents that
  specify schemes must do so with lowercase letters.  An implementation
  should accept uppercase letters as equivalent to lowercase in scheme
  names (e.g., allow "HTTP" as well as "http") for the sake of
  robustness but should only produce lowercase scheme names for
  consistency.

Since URI.getScheme returns the scheme in the original case, need to do a case insensitive compare.

Marc L. Cohen
MessageSight Test/Development
Internet:mlcohen@xxxxxxxxxx
also at:teddybbear@xxxxxxx
(512) 286-5744 (T/L 363-5744)
FAX (512) 973-4293

Inactive hide details for Michael Klishin ---11/13/2013 01:30:29 PM---2013/11/13 Michael Klishin <michael.s.klishin@xxxxxxxxx> Michael Klishin ---11/13/2013 01:30:29 PM---2013/11/13 Michael Klishin <michael.s.klishin@xxxxxxxxx> > I will start  working on a patch that fix