From: "Ian Craggs" <icraggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "General development discussions for paho project" <paho-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 22/08/2013 15:00:31
Subject: Re: [paho-dev] not a shared executable
Hi Jan,

I can check those libraries later.  But, since I created them I realized that there are several Linux distributions that are used on the Raspberry Pi, and this library was built with the one I installed on my Pi, which is Debian I think.

Those libraries don't necessarily work with other Linux distributions, or even a different version of the same distribution.  The only sure way will be to build the libraries yourself, I think.

I think we ought to look to getting the Paho MQTT C client libraries into the Linux distributions.

Ian