Re: [paho-dev] MQTT Server Setup for Testing of MQTT clients

Hi Ian,

> I use a network proxy sitting between the client and server to allow testing
> of error conditions.

That's good, but only allows you to model a subset of failures. I want
to be able to test response to malformed packets, to incorrect
behaviour at the remote broker/client and that sort of thing. Using a
proxy doesn't fit that situation unless you program the proxy to do
those things, at which point you've reimplemented the few lines of
python that I wrote but with greater complexity.

Cheers,

Roger

Back to the top