Re: [paho-dev] Sorry to be a pain!

I think looking forward rather than back is the right approach for a C++ interface. There is always the C interface to fall back on.

Ian

On 21/05/13 18:12, Frank Pagliughi wrote:
Yes, there is no problem for me to contribute it. I'm working on it on my own and am self-employed, so there are no company entanglements either. The Eclipse IP & licensing should not present a problem.

Currently, most of the basic async functionality is working (using the C library/API, as is), and the example apps are ported and working. I literally cut and pasted the Javadoc API as a starting point, so the coverage and match to Java should be pretty good.

As I mentioned, I used C++11 extensions (shared_ptr, mutex, & condition_variable) to get something working quickly for my own use. I will post it in this form, and then we can discuss the API, and how to pull the implementation back for older compilers. I'm thinking to write drop-in replacements for the missing std classes to keep the API intact. Look forward rather than back. Otherwise user apps would need to perform memory management.

Frank