- Do you know if there will be a replacement technology from the Java community, if not will there be another recommended technology?

Thanks,

Pascal
On 7/18/2018 2:50 PM, Daniel Megert wrote:
----- Forwarded by Daniel Megert/Zurich/IBM on 18.07.2018 14:48 -----

From:        Michel Trudeau <michel.trudeau@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc:        jdk-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        17.07.2018 23:27
Subject:        Re: New candidate JEP: 336: Deprecate the Pack200 Tools and API

Daniel,

We will not be removing Pack200 in Java 12.

-Michel

On Jun 12, 2018, at 1:50 PM, Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

pack200 is used by the Eclipse update manager a.k.a. p2. The JARed
plug-ins are compressed with pack200 and put into a p2 repository.
Removing pack200 will make the download (and hence install) of plug-ins
much slower. Eclipse would therefore like to keep this technology. If
that's not an option, then we would like that the removal does not happen
before Java 13.

Dani
Eclipse PMC