[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [p2-dev] Dropins does not seem to work.

Thank you Alena!, Feature patch completely solved the problem! 

Cheers
-Kapil

-----Original Message-----
From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alena Laskavaia
Sent: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 6:09 PM
To: P2 developer discussions <p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [p2-dev] Dropins does not seem to work.

EXTERNAL MAIL


You have to create feature patch
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__aniefer.blogspot.ca_2009_06_patching-2Dfeatures-2Dwith-2Dp2.html&d=DwIGaQ&c=aUq983L2pue2FqKFoP6PGHMJQyoJ7kl3s3GZ-_haXqY&r=EFSwddL_uwTN5OaTAKA4-t1l89bPu_7fLbZ_tHaogxI&m=RyFe5VQErpduLPS99Fh6mMEszZKqd70n0lNOfqPtWKs&s=IvKlUl82uAWYNsqX942ZASNRcod-0XA4MFPZz70yyKw&e=

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 1:46 PM, Kapil Thombare <tkapil@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When I investigated a bit more I got the reason for this.
>
> My feature includes the plugin com.xyz.mytest.foo 8.0.0.1000 . Now 
> when p2 finds com.xyz.mytest.foo 8.0.0.2000 it says that the feature 
> requires 1000 and hence there is a dependency issue and hence the IU 
> 2000 cannot be installed. Is there a way where the feature would not 
> say 1000 is mandatory and allow installation of 2000?
>
>
>
> Brian: Yes my bundles are singleton.
>
>
>
> Cheers
>
> -Kapil
>
>
>
> From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] 
> On Behalf Of Brian de Alwis
> Sent: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 6:16 AM
> To: P2 developer discussions <p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [p2-dev] Dropins does not seem to work.
>
>
>
> EXTERNAL MAIL
>
> You haven't provided any real detail to help in diagnosing the situation.
> Try using the 'diag' command from the OSGi console.  My guess is that 
> your bundles are singleton bundles, and the .1000 has already been activated.
>
>
>
> Brian.
>
>
>
> On 5-Mar-2018, at 2:19 PM, Kapil Thombare <tkapil@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>
>
> Hi,
>
> In my product I have a plugin com.xyz.mytest.foo 8.0.0.1000 sitting 
> under plugins under eclipse home.
>
> I have a requirement where-in I need to update some code in this 
> plugin and provide it to users currently using the product. Dropins 
> seems to be a perfect solution to this problem.
>
>
>
> So I put the updated version of this plugin in the dropins directory 
> and simply updated its manifest bundle version to 8.0.0.2000 . And 
> started with -clean. The plugin does not seems to get picked up (when 
> I see the installed plugins in the configuration it shows me the older one itslelf).
>
>
>
> I tried debugging using the .options file and  I see the following 
> message in the logs. [plan] Some units will not be installed, because 
> they are already installed or there are dependency issues:
>
>
>
>
>
> Structure
>
> /eclipse
>
>                /dropins
>
>                               /com.xyz.mytest.foo _8.0.0.2000
>
>                                              /bin
>
>                                              /META_INF
>
>                                              /â
>
>
>
> Please could you help me.
>
>
>
> Following are the detailed logsâ
>
>
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:28 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] Cached timestamp 
> file empty.
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:28 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] Performing 
> reconciliation.
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:28 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] [dropins] 
> Interesting feature or bundle added:
> C:\Work\Jenkins_Bundles\25thFeb_3\Product\eclipse\dropins\
> com.xyz.mytest.foo _8.0.0.2000
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] Timestamp file does 
> not exist.
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] Performing 
> reconciliation.
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] Profile timestamp 
> not found in cache.
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] Performing 
> reconciliation.
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] Adding IU:
> com.xyz.mytest.foo 8.0.0.2000
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] Adding IU property:
> com.xyz.mytest.foo 8.0.0.2000->{org.eclipse.equinox.p2.type.lock=1,
> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.internal.inclusion.rules=OPTIONAL,
> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins=true}
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] No installable 
> units to remove.
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] No IU properties to 
> remove.
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] No installable 
> units to move.
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] No extra requirements.
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] [plan] Some units 
> will not be installed, because they are already installed or there are 
> dependency
> issues:
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] [plan] 
> com.xyz.mytest.foo
> 8.0.0.2000
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] Writing timestamp 
> file to
> :
> C:\Work\Jenkins_Bundles\25thFeb_3\Product\eclipse\configuration\org.ec
> lipse.osgi\187\data\timestamps1438412847
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] 
> PROFILE=1519870108017
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler]
> file:/C:/Work/Jenkins_Bundles/25thFeb_3/Product/eclipse/configuration/
> org.eclipse.osgi/187/data/listener_1925729951/=1519943848972
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler]
> file:/C:/Work/Jenkins_Bundles/25thFeb_3/Product/eclipse/.eclipseextens
> ion=1519943848998
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] Writing out 
> timestamps to file :
> C:\Work\Jenkins_Bundles\25thFeb_3\Product\eclipse\configuration\org.ec
> lipse.osgi\187\data\cache.timestamps
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler] 
> C:\Work\Jenkins_Bundles\25thFeb_3\Product\eclipse\dropins\com.xyz.myte
> st.foo
> _8.0.0.2000=1519943275736
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler]
> C:\Work\Jenkins_Bundles\25thFeb_3\Product\eclipse\links=0
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler]
> C:\Work\Jenkins_Bundles\25thFeb_3\Product\eclipse\dropins=151994329796
> 6
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler]
> C:\Work\Jenkins_Bundles\25thFeb_3\Product\eclipse\configuration\org.ec
> lipse.update\platform.xml=1519943848734
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler]
> C:\Work\Jenkins_Bundles\25thFeb_3\Product\eclipse\plugins=151986772630
> 6
>
> [p2] Thu Mar 01 14:37:29 PST 2018 - [Start Level: Equinox Container:
> 0088511e-a11d-0018-1020-f3a5fa30c114] [reconciler]
> C:\Work\Jenkins_Bundles\25thFeb_3\Product\eclipse\features=15198676343
> 87
>
>
>
> Cheers
>
> -Kapil
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> p2-dev mailing list
> p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or 
> unsubscribe from this list, visit 
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__dev.eclipse.org_m
> ailman_listinfo_p2-2Ddev&d=DwIGaQ&c=aUq983L2pue2FqKFoP6PGHMJQyoJ7kl3s3
> GZ-_haXqY&r=EFSwddL_uwTN5OaTAKA4-t1l89bPu_7fLbZ_tHaogxI&m=RyFe5VQErpdu
> LPS99Fh6mMEszZKqd70n0lNOfqPtWKs&s=3qDTPpOFKBBomrUiA0QpD6G6lMWBroxqxPbw
> 6fRNRCo&e=
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> p2-dev mailing list
> p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or 
> unsubscribe from this list, visit 
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__dev.eclipse.org_m
> ailman_listinfo_p2-2Ddev&d=DwIGaQ&c=aUq983L2pue2FqKFoP6PGHMJQyoJ7kl3s3
> GZ-_haXqY&r=EFSwddL_uwTN5OaTAKA4-t1l89bPu_7fLbZ_tHaogxI&m=RyFe5VQErpdu
> LPS99Fh6mMEszZKqd70n0lNOfqPtWKs&s=3qDTPpOFKBBomrUiA0QpD6G6lMWBroxqxPbw
> 6fRNRCo&e=
_______________________________________________
p2-dev mailing list
p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__dev.eclipse.org_mailman_listinfo_p2-2Ddev&d=DwIGaQ&c=aUq983L2pue2FqKFoP6PGHMJQyoJ7kl3s3GZ-_haXqY&r=EFSwddL_uwTN5OaTAKA4-t1l89bPu_7fLbZ_tHaogxI&m=RyFe5VQErpduLPS99Fh6mMEszZKqd70n0lNOfqPtWKs&s=3qDTPpOFKBBomrUiA0QpD6G6lMWBroxqxPbw6fRNRCo&e=