Re: [p2-dev] RCP update failing

Ed Merks <ed.merks@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Based on past experience, this problem will likely go away if you
> update your version of Java which will update Java the root
> certificates.

Pretty sure it wouldn't:

#1: Requesting http:// resource and failing with TLS/SSL-related
 exception?! Looks suspicious, at least, and raises #2:

#2: it becomes popular to terminate TLS traffic at the border and
 re-encrypt it with self-issued and self-signed certificate. Such
 certificate MUST be provided to the client, otherwise client will get
 sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed.

#3: Open p2 repo in Web browser and check what certificate is provided
 to the browser.

Check https://duckduckgo.com/?q=java+key+tool+import+certificate for how
to import certificate into a keystore.

> On 05.11.2017 05:40, Timothy Vogel wrote:
>>
>> An update site that has been working is now failing with the
>> exception below.  It is trying to read p2.index.  This file does not
>> exist in the composite repo nor the product repo.  I created one
>> with minimal contents and receive the same error.
>>
>> Any suggestions on how to debug?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Timothy
>>
>> 20171105 00:15:08.536 11548  ERROR
>> com.easa.acmotor.base.BusinessStatusHandler - uncaught exception:
>> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.transport.ecf : Connection to
>> http://www.xxx.com/sites/motordb_update/repository/p2.index failed
>> on sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building
>> failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException:
>> unable to find valid certification path to requested target. Retry
>> attempt 0 started
>>
>> javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
>> sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building
>> failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException:
>> unable to find valid certification path to requested target

[...]

--
Mykola
https://manandbytes.github.io/