[p2-dev] P2 discovery UI with uninstall option

Hi all,

As a followup on last week's email where I was directed to the discovery UI, I have been prototyping to add the possibility to list and check installed plugin and uninstall them if they are unchecked. It works as a prototype though there's some details to fix, for example, I can't do both install and uninstall operations at the same time, otherwise the second has an outdated profile. I'm not sure how to do them sequentially.

I added a parameter to the "org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.discovery.commands.ShowRepositoryCatalog" command like this:

        <commandParameter
id="org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.discovery.commands.AllowUninstallParameter"
               name="Allow Uninstallation from P2 Discovery UI"
               optional="true">
         </commandParameter>

Would you be interested if I contribute this upstream? I might also add a link in the wizard for the "check for updates" wizard, just to have a one place access to all those repo-related operations.

Cheers,

Geneviève

Back to the top