[p2-dev] Is it possible to add categories to composite repositories?

Hello there,

I hope I found the correct mailing list.

I want to add categories as described in [1] to a composite repository (described by [2]). The only problem is that it doesn't work.

I used the approach described by [3] to add a category.xml to the composite repository:
eclipse -application -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.CategoryPublisher
   -metadataRepository file:/<some location>/repository
   -categoryDefinition file:/<some location>/category.xml
   -compress

After running this, I get the error message:

Cannot add IUs to a composite repository
My question now is, is the error message correct and is it really not possible to add categories to composite repositories or is it possible but simply not yet implemented?

Simon

[1]: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/category.xml
[2]: http://help.eclipse.org/mars/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Fguide%2Fp2_composite_repositories.htm
[3]: http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Fguide%2Fp2_publisher.html&resultof=%22category%22%20%22categori%22%20%22publisher%22%20%22publish%22