Re: [p2-dev] Generating multiple <update> elements for a <unit> (to handle feature rename)?

Hi Pascal,

> This is supported by using an p2ql expression in the update descriptor

thank you for your suggestion; p2ql is really neat and brought me a big
step further:

update.matchExp = providedCapabilities.exists(pc | pc.namespace ==
'org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu' && ( \
 pc.name == 'old.feature.group' || \
 pc.name == 'new.feature.group' && pc.version == '[0.0.0,$version$)'))

The new IU now updates both the old feature and the new (provided it
really *does* increase its version). Alas, "Check for Updates" still
states "No updates were found". Manually selecting my new feature in
"Install New Software" dialog performs an update, but only after
notifying me that

> Your original request has been modified.
> "New Feature" is already installed, so an update will be performed instead.

How can I get p2 to recognize this as an update to be installed
automatically? (If needed, I can send you the relevant portions of my
content.xml as well.)

Best wishes,

Andreas

--