Re: [p2-dev] Spoofing a profile

On Fri, 2013-11-22 at 16:12 +0000, Pascal Rapicault wrote:
> Hi,
Thanks for the answer!

> I think there are two ways to do this:
> 1) Have a profile generation bundle starts eagerly (before any p2 related activity starts) and create the profile such that when the profile registry looks for the profile, it is already created
This is unavoidable anyway. Profile generation will be triggered by
dropins reconciler and/or auto-update. On the other hand, corporate
users will get an alternative, so may it would be good to disable those
mechanisms when profile spoofing is active?

> 2) Have the simpleprofileregistry look for an extension (or service) that invokes the profile generation bundle code (probably in a separate bundle) when the profile can not be found.
>
> I prefer #2 because it is more integrated and does not incur a cost when the p2 is not used.
Something like https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/18686/? I completed this a
second ago, and it looks like it works (well, at least it generates a
profile in a profileless test).  There is plenty of work going to be
done, and I will work on this next week (especially around invalidating
profile on base change, and marking bundles as not modifiable by the
user).

--
Krzysztof Daniel <kdaniel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Red Hat