Re: [p2-dev] Long pathnames in product (p2/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine/...)

This file includes the values that p2 has encountered for the jvmargs (e.g. memory settings). It is used to help figure out the value that needs to stay in the eclipse.ini when an IU is uninstalled. It may be possible to remove it in your specific case, but I would have to see the file. As for shortening the path, this is something that could be done in p2 itself, but not something that would happen overnight and would require a lot of backward compatibility code.