Re: [p2-dev] Security/maintenance updates for Eclipse & RPMs

Hi,

On 2013-09-16 17:02:01 +0000, Krzysztof Daniel said:
Is there something else I could consider?

A key thing that helped adopters of our project was separating project bundles from 3rd party library dependencies, i.e. I have component features which only reference my org.eclipse.myproject.* bundles and I have separate features for dependencies which reference the 3rd party bundles. The adopters usually don't include our dependencies features but make their own with their own implementations/libs/version. This work very well because I use Import-Package everywhere for those.

I guess changing feature structure for platform is out of scope for this, eh?

Have you considered creating/delivering your own Eclipse on Fedora package which a different feature structure that you control? You could possibly include an alternate configurator implementation that does not rely on bundles.info or use a different mechanisme that makes it more flexible (eg. a bundles.info.d folder with multiple files).

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx