Re: [p2-dev] Unzip install action problems

see comments inline

Mengxin Zhu

On 08/22/2013 03:40 AM, Deric Panet-Raymond wrote:
I'm attempting to replace a cumbersome package upgrade feature which uses a custom touchpoint to execute a platform specific binary installer by using the built in unzip touchpoint. I've attempted to build a plugin with the zip file added and a feature which has a p2.inf containing the following.

instructions.install = org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.natives.unzip(source: ${artifact.location}/engine.zip, target:${installFolder}/Engine/$version$.$qualifier$);

My first question, how can I debug this install action? When I run my eclipse app with -debug in the .ini file I see some information on the console, but nothing shows up during the upgrade process, and my file does not appear to be unzipped anywhere.
Java remote debug should be a good way.

My Second question, is it possible to access a Path outside of the installFolder? our directory tree of the installed product looks like.

/product

---->Documentation
---->Samples
---->Designer
---->Engine

The eclipse app lives in a subdirectory of Designer, I need to unzip the contents of my archive into the Engine directory, is this even possible?
Variable 'installFolder' means the root of your eclipse instance(the actual value can be found in profile), is it the same folder to above 'product'?

Thanks.