[p2-dev] p2 ant script that downloads eclipse platform

Hi Everyone,

I opened bug 410753 [1] to inquire about a commit but didn't get a response so I thought I'd ask here. I noticed in the Kepler stream an antrun script was removed [2]. This script was used to download a copy of the Eclipse Platform but was removed in the Kepler stream. I'd like to understand if it's possible to port whatever work was necessary for this back to Juno as well?

What I'm not sure about is if it was removed because it's no longer necessary, or was it removed because this functionality was moved elsewhere? (It was not clear to be based on the commit)

Since I don't know what the Eclipse Platform download is used for by the build I didn't want to just remove it myself without confirming.

My purpose is I'm working on a solution to be able to run Eclipse Platform builds while being completely offline. I found I was able to depend on using Maven's Local Repository to achieve this except in this one instance where an ant script was used to download the Eclipse Platform and Maven does not cache downloads done via ant.

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/410753
[2] http://git.eclipse.org/c/equinox/rt.equinox.p2.git/commit/?id=ac5a0fc4ac53fe300c6a74a013d2671988201f3c

Thanks,

Thanh