Re: [p2-dev] Questions on feature requiring another feature based on another update site

The xtext site needs to be added as a reference.

The other way to do this is by using a composite that aggregates your own repo and the xtext one.

Pascal

From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff MAURY
Sent: June-16-13 5:18 PM
To: P2 developer discussions
Subject: [p2-dev] Questions on feature requiring another feature based on another update site

Hello,

I have the following case. I am building my own feature that needs another external feature (Xext).

I want to build an update site containing my own bits but I want to make sure that when a user install my feature from my update site, the Xtext can also be installed from the Xtext update site.

So what I did it that I added the Xtext update site in my feature.xml as a Sites to visit.

But when I install my feature on a stock Eclipse installation, then the installation fails because the required featured cannot be found.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks

Jeff

--
Jeff MAURY

"Legacy code" often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling.
 - Bjarne Stroustrup

http://www.jeffmaury.com
http://riadiscuss.jeffmaury.com
http://www.twitter.com/jeffmaury