Re: [p2-dev] Changelogs and specific version updates

I'm not sure if you are talking about the GUI aspects or just the capabilities of the model . But on the model side each IU has an update descriptor (IUpdateDescriptor) which contain a description, a priority, and a few other things. At this point, this information is never shown in the p2 UI.

As for choosing which update gets installed, if you are using the UpdateOperation (see class of this name in the org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations bundle) then you will see that you can chose which update to apply.

HTH

Pascal