[p2-dev] repo2runnable as maven plugin

Hello everyone,

Please excuse me for the cross post, but I really  have no idea where is
the problem. I'll stick to one group if only it will the problem will be
a bit narrowed.

So I am trying to write a maven plugin that would have a repo2runnable
functionality. And it does not work ;-).

The code is available here: http://www.fpaste.org/9176/

To cut the long code short - I use the eclipse runner tycho bundle as a
base, add following dependencies:
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository.tools
org.eclipse.equinox.ds
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.natives

and then run Eclipse with following arguments

addProgramArgs(true, cli,
 "-install", runtime.getLocation().getAbsolutePath(),
 "-configuration", new File(work,"configuration").getAbsolutePath(),
 "-data", new File(work,"data").getAbsolutePath());

 String appArgLine = "-application
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository.repo2runnable -source " + sourceRepo +
" -destination " + targetLocation;

The output runnable folder looks quite nice
-rw-rw-r--.  artifacts.jar
drwxrwxr-x.  binary
-rw-rw-r--.  content.jar

except the plugins and features folder are missing, despite content.xml
has valid content (artifacts.xml contains only *_root unit).

Running the same command with eclipse.exe succeeds (the repo is properly
generated).

What may be wrong? How to investigate this?

Any comments welcome!

Best regards,
Chris

Back to the top