Re: [p2-dev] Can I change the location to extract features during provisioning using P2 Provisioning Agent?

Hi All,

Inorder to have separate p2.installFolder and p2.cache in runtime with -roaming enabled, I tried out performing a ProvisioningAction to change the p2.cache property during runtime.

                           ProfileChangeRequest request = new ProfileChangeRequest(profile);
                    request.setProfileProperty(IProfile.PROP_CACHE, bundlePoolLocation);
                    ProvisioningContext context = new ProvisioningContext(provisioningAgent);
                    context.setMetadataRepositories(new URI[0]);
                    context.setArtifactRepositories(new URI[0]);
                    IProvisioningPlan result = planner.getProvisioningPlan(request, context, new NullProgressMonitor());
                    IStatus status = PlanExecutionHelper.executePlan(result, engine, context, new NullProgressMonitor());

I see that as per above code a new Profile is generated with below values;
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.installFolder :/dileepa/kernel/trunk/distribution/kernel/target/wso2carbon-core-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT/repository/components/WSO2CarbonProfile
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.cache : /dileepa/kernel/trunk/distribution/kernel/target/wso2carbon-core-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT/repository/components
org.eclipse.update.install.features : true
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.roaming : true

However, when I try to install a feature I can't proceed and I get a message : The copies of profile WSO2CarbonProfile are not in sync. Is this because I update the IProfile.SELF profile with a new time-stamp and it's somehow not in sync with the running Profile? Is there a way to force sync the running Profile?
Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Dileepa