Thanks a lot, giving -roaming flag in p2-director worked! :)

Regards,
Dileepa

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 7:23 AM, Pascal Rapicault <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Normally this value should be modified by the profile registry when the profile is loaded from disk.
I don't know why it is not. I suspect this is probably because the install is not flagged as "roaming".You may want to take a look at the getProfile() method in SimpleProfileRegistry .

Pascal

On 2013-02-18, at 6:37 PM, Dileepa Jayakody wrote:

Hi Pascal,

Thanks a lot for the pointer.
I went through the code, and I saw that LazyManipulator in it's loadDelegate() sets the configurationFolder for the running profile;
launcherData.setFwConfigLocation(Util.getConfigurationFolder(profile));

The configuration folder is selected based on org.eclipse.equinox.p2.configFolder OR org.eclipse.equinox.p2.installFolder/configuration.

Unfortunately the 'org.eclipse.equinox.p2.installFolder value is hard-coded into my Profiles in ProfileRegistry during the build as below.

<profile id='WSO2CarbonProfile' timestamp='1361223701812'>
  <properties size='4'>
    <property name='org.eclipse.equinox.p2.installFolder' value='/media/Carbon_Volume/Ubuntu_Resources/carbon/multipleP2ProfileSupport/dileepa/kernel/trunk/distribution/kernel/target/WSO2Carbon/WSO2CarbonProfile'/>
    <property name='org.eclipse.equinox.p2.cache' value='/media/Carbon_Volume/Ubuntu_Resources/carbon/multipleP2ProfileSupport/dileepa/kernel/trunk/distribution/kernel/target/WSO2Carbon'/>
    <property name='org.eclipse.update.install.features' value='true'/>
    <property name='org.eclipse.equinox.p2.environments' value='osgi.nl=en_GB,osgi.ws=gtk,osgi.arch=x86,osgi.os=linux'/>
  </properties>
</profile>

I tried to override these values in launch.ini just like I can for p2.data.area, osgi.configuration.area. But it was not detected. Can you please suggest a way to override the hardcoded p2.installFolder value here so that P2 will correctly update the bundles.info file upon a provisioning action?

Thanks,
Dileepa

In my case could this be the a reason