Re: [p2-dev] Is it possible to generate config.ini using p2-director without providing a .product configuration file?

Hi Jeff,

What I'm trying to achieve is a multiple-profile installation in the target product.
We are using a maven based build system invoking p2-director application. AFAIU to generate the config.ini I need a product configuration file. But as I'm trying to create multiple Profiles I'm looking at a way to reuse the config.ini and the bundles.info files generated when i create the BaseProfile in first step.

The steps I'm trying are;

1. First materialize a BaseProfile (ProfileA) using a base.product configuration file. This profile includes the minimal set of IUs installed. I'm invoking director app with -destination {target.home}/{profile}. In this step, a config.ini and a org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info is generated under {target.home}/ProfileA.

2.Then I want to create a new Profile(ProfileB) which should include what I installed in the BaseProfile + a set of new features.
At this point what I'm looking at is, reusing above created bundles.info and config.ini and try to invoke p2-director to install the new features into a new Profile without materializing it all over again using  a .product file.

Is this possible?  Also in my case of multiple-profile installation, can shared-configuration concept be useful?

Thanks,
Dileepa