Re: [p2-dev] Authority component in a p2 repository URI

Hi Ian,

I had a similar requirement and what I ended up doing was modifying DirectorApplication to supply credentials via UIServices. E.g.,

    private class AvoidTrustPromptService extends UIServices {

        @Override
        public AuthenticationInfo getUsernamePassword(String location) {
            return authenticationMap.get(location);
        }

I populate the authenticationMap through custom command-line arguments or a properties file; e.g.:

                authenticationMap.put(location, new UIServices.AuthenticationInfo(username, password, false));

Where location is your repository URL's hostname.

I couldn't find any other reasonable way for doing this in DirectorApplication. Frankly I was surprised that this wasn't a more common use-case for it -- I would think that authenticated repositories would be more commonly used in automation scenarios.

--Peter