[p2-dev] How to specify the location of bundles.info to update during a feature installation using P2 Director

Hi All,

We use P2 director application to provision features into our eclipse based product at build time. As I understand during feature installation P2 Director, updates the Profile, and bundles.info file with the new set of bundles.
But the location where P2-Director updates the bundles.info is always {configuration.area}/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info

With the requirement of supporting multiple-profiles in our products I structured the configuration directory to be like below and the bundles.info file is located in a different place than the standard location: {configuration.area}/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info

configuration
|--ProfileA
|    |--config.ini
|    |--org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info
|--ProfileB
|    |--config.ini
|    |--org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info

Is it possible to explicitly specify the bundles.info file location OR the configuration directory location of the target product for P2 Director to update during feature installation? I couldn't find a suitable argument for this requirement in the p2 director documentation at [1].

Thanks,
Dileepa

[1] http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/p2_director.html

Back to the top