Re: [p2-dev] Overriding config.ini properties to dynamically select the Profile and bundles.info to load

Hi All,

If above approach of substituting values in config.ini is not possible by passing runtime arguments ,can I pass all arguments without reading config.ini?
I tried this passing the following arguments at startup;

-Dorg.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.configUrl=file:{pathToInstallation}/configuration/ProfileA/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info
-Declipse.p2.data.area={pathToInstallation}/p2
-Declipse.p2.profile="">
With above approach the org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.configUrl argument is properly taken and the bundles are loaded as per the pointed bundles.info. But the eclipse.p2.profile argument is not taken properly and the application fails to load the installation details of the profile.

Could this because org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core bundle only reads the config.ini to load eclipse.p2.profile and eclipse.p2.data.area values?
Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,
Dileepa