[p2-dev] Update site from archive over http

Hi experts

I have a need to provide a plugin for eclipse in form of a zip file over http protocol.

It is like installing a plugin from archive, clicking "Archive..." button except the fact that the archive itself should be downloaded from the web site.

I have no possibility to provide expected file system layout(with artifacts.jar, content.jar, features, plugins) for the update site, but only one constant link from which update site archive can be downloaded.

Is there any possibility to achive this?

If not, how hard will it be to implement it myself?
I just need some start points on how to add some other button along with "Local..." and "Archive.." while adding new update site. Or extend "Archive.." click button behaviour, so it will resolve archives over http, but not only "file" protocol.

Thanks,
Eugene

Back to the top