From: Chip Downs <chipperdowns@xxxxxxx>
To: p2-dev <p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, Oct 31, 2012 2:02 pm
Subject: Re: [p2-dev] Automated bundle installation and startup without platform restart

Pascal,

Still trying to work this problem. Getting much closer, but still not there yet.

It looks like my platform is restarting due to 2 framework extension fragments we have in our product. As far as I can tell, no bundles or features depend on them, aside from my "management" application, (which I've tried to make as absolutely small as possible).

I've watched the content of the bundles.info file very closely during installation, but the fragments are not being updated (or downloaded at all) from my p2 repository. Although I cannot see any reason why the fragments would be refreshed, the PackageAdmin is doing it nonetheless when called by the simple configurator.
Can I force them from being refreshed? I like what you said below about making sure "that the 'management' application (the one that installs the other apps) and all its dependencies are not changeable." Is there some kind of "magic" configuration option that makes a bundle (or set of bundles) not changeable?

Thanks,
Chip