Re: [p2-dev] Site with space character in the URL

All characters that you would normally escape in an XML document must be escaped in the p2.inf as well.

From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff MAURY
Sent: September-12-12 12:53 PM
To: p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [p2-dev] Site with space character in the URL

Hello,

i am building an Eclipse based application with Tycho.
As I am also building the update site part of the build, I am using the AddRepository touchpoint action in my product p2.inf file.
The problem I have is that the URL for my site has space characters.
So if, in the p2.inf file, I don't escape the ' ' characters, the TYcho build fails: in fact, Tycho launches the P2 director application and it fails because of illegar characters in the site URI.
So, I escaped space characters (as %20) in p2.inf, the Tycho build now complete but when I launched my product, I can see the sites, but if I check for new software, P2 cannot retrieve info from the site because it seems the %20 have not been unescaped.

Do you know if this is supported and if I am missing something ?

Thanks
Jeff

--
Jeff MAURY

"Legacy code" often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling.
 - Bjarne Stroustrup

http://www.jeffmaury.com
http://riadiscuss.jeffmaury.com
http://www.twitter.com/jeffmaury