From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dileepa Jayakody
Sent: September-11-12 1:06 AM
To: p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [p2-dev] Delay in adding a p2 Repository

Hi all,

In our platform, we use p2 as the provisioning platform. In our p2 Repository management code, we are adding a repository using below code segment;

IMetadataRepositoryManager metadataRepositoryManager = ServiceHolder.

getMetadataRepositoryManager();
IArtifactRepositoryManager artifactRepositoryManager = ServiceHolder.getArtifactRepositoryManager();

            //adding metadata and artifact repositories
            metadataRepositoryManager.addRepository(location);
            artifactRepositoryManager.addRepository(location);
            metadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(location, new NullProgressMonitor());
            metadataRepositoryManager.setRepositoryProperty(location, IRepository.PROP_NICKNAME, nickName);

            artifactRepositoryManager.loadRepository(location, new NullProgressMonitor());
            artifactRepositoryManager.setRepositoryProperty(location, IRepository.PROP_NICKNAME, nickName);

Sometimes we can notice a considerable delay when adding a repository. When you say artifactRepositoryManager.loadRepository(location, new NullProgressMonitor()); does p2 load all the InstallableUnits in the repository to memory? If so, could this be due to a long list of InstallableUnits in the repository.

Thanks,
Dileepa

Back to the top