[p2-dev] help with a compile warning

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to remove all our compile warnings (we have 4 left), and one has me stumped.

1. WARNING in /src/org/eclipse/equinox/internal/p2/updatesite/artifact/UpdateSiteArtifactRepositoryFactory.java
 (at line 76)
new URL(location.toASCIIString());
The allocated object is never used

In this case we create a URL object in a try / catch block to make sure that the URL is properly formed. We can argue if that's the best approach, but that's what we're doing.  The problem is, we never actually use the Object, and this makes our headless build sad :-(. I added a:

@SuppressWarnings("unused")

To the method, and this fixes the problem in the IDE but not the build.

Does anybody have any ideas what we can do? Does the headless build pay attention to the annotations?  Can we configure this somewhere else? Should we rework the code?

cheers,
Ian