Re: [p2-dev] Master v. Integration

There is a file in the maps project (under tagging directory) called repositories.txt.

Your entry for R3_8_maintenance and R4_2_maintenance says
git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/equinox/rt.equinox.p2.git R3_8_maintenance
(i.e. one maintenance branch, for both, with makes sense for most teams)

Your entry for Kepler (master branch of the the maps project or org.eclipse.releng to be exact) is
git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/equinox/rt.equinox.p2.git  integration

That's the line to change to "master", if that's what you decide to do.

I mention all this about maintenance vs Kepler since originally Ian said,
"...However, for maintenance, it doesn't really make sense..."
So my round-about point is even if you go with "master" for Kepler, you'll still have a maintenance branch to keep accurate (cherry picking from one to other, or merging, or whatever).

I know of one team that literally used only "master" for Juno maintenance and Kepler, until recently, since all they were doing was literally maintenance, but as SR1 winds down, they too now have two branches.

So, I hope P2's "maintenance" has been going to R3_8_maintenance, as well as master/integration! :) [If it was supposed to be for Juno SR1, that is].

HTH