Re: [p2-dev] Service ranking and p2's IAgentServiceFactory.

I think you incorrectly configures *service.ranking* property in your service definition. OSGi will sort them by default by sequence of loading their bundles.

P2 is searching services via OSGi API that would sort the service implementations by their ranking.

Our product registers a customized profile registry in similar way, it works well on Eclipse 3.6, 3.7 and 3.8.

I paste the DS definition below,

<scr:component xmlns:scr="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/scr/v1.1.0"; name="WR Profile Registry"> <implementation class="com.windriver.p2.installer.internal.services.ProfileRegistry"/> <property name="p2.agent.servicename" type="String" value="org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine.IProfileRegistry"/>
   <service>
<provide interface="org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.spi.IAgentServiceFactory"/>
   </service>
   <property name="service.ranking" type="Integer" value="99"/>
</scr:component>

Mengxin Zhu