[p2-dev] Using p2 provisioning actions and touchpoints

I’m trying to use the p2 provisioning actions and touchpoints on plugin install, but I can’t seem to get anything to happen (and no errors are being logged).

My goal is to be able to unzip a file somewhere (preferably a user-configurable location).  A nice-to-have would be to be able to run some additional java code afterwards.  The native touchpoint’s “unzip” provisioning action seemed like a great place to start, but I can’t work out how to get it to work.  Here’s my p2.inf (I figured I would start with hard-coded values, and work my way up from there):

instructions.configure=org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.natives.unzip(source:"C:/data/somefile.zip",target:"C:/data/somedirectory");

Both locations already exist.  Am I missing something obvious, or maybe this just doesn’t work in Juno?  Do I need to also add anything to my plugin.xml or Manifest.mf?

I’ve read (and tried various things from) all of the following:

http://chamibuddhika.wordpress.com/2011/05/18/installing-configuration-files-with-p2-inf-feature-installation/

http://chamibuddhika.wordpress.com/2011/05/18/installation-of-folders-during-p2-provisioning-with-p2-inf/

http://help.eclipse.org/juno/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/p2_actions_touchpoints.html?cp=2_0_20_1_3

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6154367/a-working-example-of-custom-p2-provisioning-action

Since I couldn’t get the built-in ones to work, I figured I would try using the projects in the example, and after I fixed some compile issues due to changes in locations of classes, and added these plugins to a feature and an update site, again, nothing happens on install (I modified the code to log an error, then create a file somewhere, still nothing):

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/39856/129768/#msg_129768

This is unrelated to this particular mailing list, but in reality, my end goal is to create a server adapter that is installable from a zip embedded in the plugin, but I want my server to be recognized as a Virgo server so that we can leverage the Virgo tooling.  It’s really virgo+some extras.

Kristina Taylor
Senior Software Development Engineer

Integrity Business Unit

T 226.772.3478
E krtaylor@xxxxxxx

This e-mail message may contain information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. It is intended only for the named addressee(s) and any use or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of the e-mail. Thank you.

Back to the top