Re: [p2-dev] overwrite option for p2 publisher?

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Josh Hester <Josh.Hester@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I’m fairly familiar with the p2 publisher and have a quick question about an overwrite option.  If I have a plugin with a version of 3.0.0 and then make changes and attempt to publish it again, it looks like it is then skipped over as the publisher notices we already have a plugin with version 3.0.0.   Is there any way to force the publisher to overwrite existing artifacts?

I don't believe so.  Once you've published a plugin_3.0.0.jar, none of the other functionality will update that same plugin_version.  Since the version didn't change p2 guarantees it is the same :-)  If you are building developer builds consider using the qualifier (so plugin_3.0.0.v20120223-2200) so that the version continually increases.

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR