[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [p2-dev] overwrite option for p2 publisher?
- From: Paul Webster <pwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:24:03 -0500
- Authentication-results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of email@example.com designates 10.152.128.202 as permitted sender) firstname.lastname@example.org; dkim=pass email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=62Cg7ALoJyjUzsoz5s1NArTZY5cgQ7ycorBYTEaJ9Iw=; b=zoIjacqHocwPSFnzC+UaX8Zg9PA7r5g5rmBz87KNGV++9PaAIBZM2BvhtA25BCQ3nQ ERxNgBliobitWKkSf6rloR3gz3g1XVBDBof/MNL6gdO2Tu6K2GvT3UvB2SfOPsaFrr0A 75nvWUHg1/UlVs7Ah25VDuZ/aZ7L9kFwMYHLOCz0Xh+XOpw408DvDY2SWuilgyshwj5M u2euRW3czzo8vDf9MVp58DsNNY0qdxb+qjqQS3vyPTTR1gcQzDHyq6UJDAXKXPOtwjld 1qn0Jt78paDpS7OLBQpqmdn0Ta1CkcqzT2T2ddDySEvg2HJs1iKjS9k514Jn2mOV1Ks5 lThg==
On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Josh Hester <Josh.Hester@xxxxxxx>
Iâm fairly familiar with the p2 publisher and have a quick question about an overwrite option.Â If I have a plugin with a version of 3.0.0 and then make changes and attempt to publish it again, it looks like it is then skipped over as the
publisher notices we already have a plugin with version 3.0.0.Â ÂIs there any way to force the publisher to overwrite existing artifacts?
I don't believe so.Â Once you've published a plugin_3.0.0.jar, none of the other functionality will update that same plugin_version.Â Since the version didn't change p2 guarantees it is the same :-)Â If you are building developer builds consider using the qualifier (so plugin_3.0.0.v20120223-2200) so that the version continually increases.
Hi floor.Â Make me a sammich! - GIR