Re: [p2-dev] Preserving update path for feature that is moved/refactored

Actually, I am having problems getting this to work as specified.

Do I need to create a dummy feature as well with no plug-ins with the aforementioned lines in its p2.inf file or should I add these lines to the current feature with the new name? I tried adding the lines to the current feature with the new name. I tried using the old feature id as well as its group id in separate builds.

In one particular case, the old feature name was org.eclipse.linuxtools.gprof and the new feature is org.eclipse.linuxtools.gprof.feature.

I tried adding the lines into the p2.inf for org.eclipse.linuxtools.gprof.feature and didn't see anything listed in either content.xml or artifacts.xml. I tried specifying org.eclipse.linuxtools.gprof (old feature id) and org.eclipse.linuxtools.gprof.feature.group just in case. No difference.

Should I see something in either artifacts.xml or content.xml?

I originally tried testing with an old update SR1 update site to install and the new one to update to see if Search for Updates would find anything. None of the features I added these lines to showed up, but I got an error on gprof trying to resolve its dependencies claiming it couldn't have both version x and y installed at the same time where x was the old version and y was the newer version. The feature does not restrict the version of its dependency features and just says 0.0.0.

Any ideas?

-- Jeff J.