Re: [p2-dev] update manager (p2)

Hi Ivana,

It is best to uninstall and install the new feature.
You may also want to look at the org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations package in the bundle of the same name (http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Freference%2Fapi%2Forg%2Feclipse%2Fequinox%2Fp2%2Foperations%2Fpackage-summary.html)

hth,

PaScaL
On 2011-11-22, at 11:04 AM, Ivana Janic wrote:

Hi all,

I am using p2 in mine application (it isn't rcp, but it is OSGi application).

How to update jars ? Do I have to uninstall some feature and then to install new version of it, like in the following lines of code:

 iStatus = ProvisioningHelper.uninstall(getAgent(), untiId, null, getProfile(), new ProgressMonitor());
//_provremove

 iStatus = ProvisioningHelper.install(getAgent(), untiId, version, getProfile(), new ProgressMonitor());
//_provinstall

Probably, there is a differenet way to do that..? Is Is there some kind of "feature update"? For example it is safer to download new jars, and after that to delete the old ones.

Thank you,

Ivana