Re: [p2-dev] Inconsistent custom action behavior

Hi,

Eventually I found out that this problem was not caused by p2 in any way.

I have attached a debugger to the machine showing this problem and found out that the extension point declaring the custom action was not being retrieved in ActionManager.getActionMap().

From there, I determined that a JVM conflict was preventing the action plugin from being started – leaving it in the “installed” state as Eclipse was being mistakenly run on a 1.5 JVM while the plugin requires 1.6.

Note that I got no visible error about the failing constraint, the only hint was that the plugin was listed in the Eclipse configuration, but not in the available plugins list. Starting Eclipse using –console and trying to start the bundle manually displayed the actual error.

Hope this can help someone struggling with a similar problem!

Kind regards,

/Mario Pierro