Re: [p2-dev] can platform be updated via p2?

Yes, you should be able to update the platform via p2. If you have the platform zip, the platform.feature.group may be blocked by the org.eclipse.platform.ide InstallableUnit. Try updating that instead.

Inactive hide details for John Cortell ---2011/10/27 12:27:22 PM---Should I be able to update the org.eclipse.platform feature John Cortell ---2011/10/27 12:27:22 PM---Should I be able to update the org.eclipse.platform feature group of an eclipse installation via p2

John Cortell <rat042@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

<p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

2011/10/27 12:27 PM

[p2-dev] can platform be updated via p2?

Sent by:

p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Should I be able to update the org.eclipse.platform feature group of
an eclipse installation via p2? I initially tried this via Update
Manager and got errors. That got me thinking that I probably can't
pull the rug out from under the current Eclipse instance. So then I
moved to the cmdline and used p2 directory along with another eclipse
installation to drive the update (using -destination). But I got the
same errors.

So, at this point I'm thinking this is just not possible. Wanted to
get confirmation before I give up.

John