Re: [p2-dev] Sharing Your Shared Install Issues

On 10/02/2011 10:30 PM, Pascal Rapicault wrote:
Sami, Niels, did you had a chance to capture your requirements wrt Linux installs?
I did not see the description of what was below on http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/Shared_Install

I will do that right now while I am waiting for this eclipse build :)

[...]
Another thing to think about is uninstallation. Can it be assumed that the interdependencies of sets of plugins laid down by the package managers are captured in the metadata of the package. For example GMF depends on EMF and depends on GEF. If there is a package for each of these things, would the GMF package have deps on the EMF and GEF one?

Yes, so the system will not remove a package without a warning about and removing packages which depend on it. I assume this is the same for Debian.

  Sami

Back to the top